Things To Know When Going Through Divorce
Things To Know When Going Through Divorce: Marriage is this beautiful, amazing, loving, caring union… until it’s not. Sure, some marriages last and last, but some crash and burn, leaving behind a huge mess and intense heartbreak — no matter if you are the one who asked for a divorce or not. They say marriage takes a lot of work, and it does, work that can be really rewarding. But divorce takes even more work, especially when there are kids involved. And that kind of work doesn’t come with many rewards. Sometimes when you are in the midst of fighting and deciding you want to get divorced, far too many things and feelings are forgotten about and not considered because you are in the heat of the moment.
1. It’s nothing at all like when your husband was away on business and it was nice to have the bed to yourself. That gets old. You get lonely.
2. He’s not going to be there. Ever. Never again in the way that he was. He’s gone. For good.
3. Don’t rush things unless you are in an abusive situation.
4. You may want to hide when you are first going through divorce. You won’t want to talk about it with anyone.
5. You will have to remind yourself that you are not a failure. That the relationship simply ran its course, it had an expiration date.
6. You may never feel truly sure you made the right decision particularly if you have children together.
7. There is going to be an in-law situation and you won’t know how to carry on your relationship with them.
8. When your kids are sick, you are the only one home to care for them and he’s not there to ask him for help.
9. When you are sick, he is no longer there to care for you.
10. You will miss his cooking, even if he isn’t a good cook, but simply because there was someone else there to make meals and it isn’t all on you. And if he was a good cook, it’s going to be even harder.