Objections on proposed high density development
Objections on proposed high density development -Mamphele Development Planners CC is the authorised agent of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality and the registered owner of ERF 372 General Albertspark Ext 2.(Land opposite Lemon Tree Shopping Mall). They are proposing a high density development in Lincoln Road, Alberton. According to paperwork handed in at Ekurhuleni we could establish that the units will be 2 bedroom units no bigger than 50m2. The planned project shows a ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor.
Concerned residents can can download the petition form and mail it back to email@example.com
Factors that should be taken into account should this development be approved:
- Traffic impact, as this is one of the busiest intersections in Alberton and major congestion will be caused adding such high density living.
- Safety due to this being a main road pedestrians crossing the road will endanger not only their lives but that of oncoming traffic.
- Children running over and across the road is unacceptable.
- There is no clinic in the area
- The infrastructure is inadequate to serve the current population and major electricity overloads and sewer overflows are experienced.
- Lincoln road is not designed to accommodate the current traffic flow and is strewn with potholes and road damage resulting from overflow.
- The are is already over populated making access to and from extremely difficult.
- In accordance with the special development framework the are is not zoned for medium density occupation thus the 400 unit building is outside the development framework.